Zur Navigation springen Zur Suche springen
This is a translation of the German page Wikinews:Bot-Richtlinie.
Permission to run a bot[Bearbeiten]
Note that running a bot without request and permission will result in a block of the bot account!
Criteria for permission to run a bot[Bearbeiten]
- There is no other active bot who is doing the same task.
- It is described exactly what the bot does.
- There is a user who is responsible for the bot and looks after it.
- There is a separate user account for the bot.
- The actions and the course of action are described on the bot's user page.
Running a bot[Bearbeiten]
- The bot is supervised by its owner and does not run for a longer time period without supervision.
- The bot never works without permission on project pages outside the article name space.
- The bot fills in the summary texts with meaningful content (not with „XYZ-Bot was here!“)). Then it is easier for human users to supervise the bot.
- If there are problems or complaints or if the owner wishes so, the permission of running a bot can be withdrawn.
- Bot flags are only given to bots which do not make changes with regard to the informational content and fulfil always the same tasks (for example update/refresh pages). Bots placing interwiki links, do never get a bot flag.
- If there have not been any problems within seven (7) days of running the bot, the bot flag can be asked for at the corresponding project page. If in the poll a majority of users who are entitled to vote (at least three) vote for a bot flag, a bureaucrat will set the flag. If there are any problems or complaints or if the owner wishes so, the flag can be removed.
… can be made at Wikinews:Bots/Anfragen.